Frequently Asked Questions
Hole in the Rock Cruises and Tours departing from Paihia, Check-in at Pier 10 on the Paihia Wharf.
Half Day Cruises & Island Tours, check in at the Island Getaway Tours Office, located next to the maritime building at the Paihia Wharf.
If you have a prearranged pickup from Russell, wait next to the Russell Information Centre at the end of the Russell Wharf.
Water Taxis – Wait at the meeting location given on your confirmation emails.
We recommend bringing:
Swimsuit and Towel
Cash for on-board refreshments
Sunscreen & Sunglasses
Yes! We have toilets on board all our vessels.
**No-shows are 100% responsible for trip fees**
Boat Cruise & Island Tours
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- Cancellations made within 3 days (72 hours) of departure date will forfeit 100% of the trip cost.
Private Charter Terms and Conditions
1. Booking and Payment
1.1. Deposit: To secure the vessel for your private charter, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total charter fee is required at the time of booking.
1.2. Balance Payment: The remaining 50% of the charter fee must be paid no later than 5 days before the scheduled departure date.
2. Charter Cancellation and Refunds
2.1. Cancellation by Charterer: If the Charterer cancels the charter for any reason, the deposit will not be refunded. However, the balance payment (if already made) will be refunded in accordance with the following:
- More than 5 days before the scheduled departure: Full balance payment refund.
- 5 days or less before the scheduled departure: No refund of the balance payment.
2.2. Cancellation by Island Getaway Tours: In the event of safety concerns or adverse weather conditions that make the charter unsafe or impractical, Island Getaway Tours reserves the right to cancel the trip. In such cases, a full refund of all payments made, including the deposit and balance payment, will be provided to the Charterer.
3. Charter Service
3.1. Weather Conditions: Island Getaway Tours operates in most weather conditions, including rain. However, the safety of the charter and its passengers is our top priority. If weather conditions pose a safety risk or if other unforeseen circumstances arise, Island Getaway Tours may, at its discretion, modify the charter itinerary or reschedule the trip. The Charterer will be notified of any changes as early as possible.
3.2. Charter Duration: The Charterer shall adhere to the agreed-upon duration of the charter. Any extensions or changes to the itinerary must be arranged with Island Getaway Tours in advance and are subject to availability.
Water Taxis and Ferry Service
- All water taxi bookings are non-refundable.
- Please ensure you are at your departure location at least 10 minutes before your departure time, as the boats will be unable to delay departures.
- Dates for bookings are not able to be ‘held’ until payment/deposits have been made.
- As New Zealand weather often changes, please bring appropriate clothing – we operate in all weather conditions, providing it is safe to do so.
- If cancellations are made due to safety reasons, Island Getaway Tours will issue a full refund if an alternative date cannot be arranged.
If you have any other questions, or need more information, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send a message.